Home > The Antiochian > Postscript
 Spring/Summer 2011

Postscript

photo of the Yellow Spring was taken by Axel Bahnsen ’29

ANOTHER START...

This handbill announced the start of the spring term of 1883 at Antioch College, the first spring term following suspension of operations for the 1881-82 school year. The College reopened in fall 1882 with 73 students, seven faculty, and a president, the Rev. Orin J. Wait, who had been one of its founders and a close adviser to Horace Mann. Wait was hired by a group of alumni and friends called The Christian Education Society that reopened the College. His presidency, at eight months one of the shortest in the College’s history.

— Scott Sanders, College Archivist